Sunday, July 22, 2007


When we docked at Siem Reap, we had tuk tuk drivers in the boat asking us if we needed a ride before we could even exit. From inside the boat I could see a driver holding a sign that said Mr. Miss Tonya. I tried so hard not to look at the sign as I exited, and we were able to walk by without the driver knowing that it was us. However, as other drivers approached the three of us, the driver came running over saying, “I know it’s you. I know it’s you.” Thoni told me that there were three of you.” My moto driver from Battambang, Thoni, asked where we were going next and gave the driver my name. We decided to let him take us to a hostel. We found one that looked clean and was very cheap. However, we later found that it was infested with crickets. We had crickets jumping all over our room. I even woke up with one caught between my shorts and under garments. They also seem to like Whitney’s bag and give her quite a surprise every time she opens it. We have found that if we spray lots of insect repellent under our doors, the crickets will usually die before they can make it to our beds or belongings.

No comments: