Saturday, July 14, 2007


We were excited about our Mekong Delta trip, which included a boat ride to Phnom Penh. During the first day of our trip we were suppose to see a coconut candy factory, a bee farm, several islands, a local fruit market, traditional music, ride a horse drawn carriage (I think it was suppose to be an ox and carriage ride. I have never seen a horse drawn carriage in Southeast Asia.) and hike a mountain. It sounded like we would have a full day, and we did. It was raining very hard, so we bought some rain jackets. My jacket ripped before I even put it on. We took a boat out to one of the islands and saw the coconut candy process. Our tour guide basically told us “here it is” and left to hang out with the locals. We weren’t sure what to do, so we walked around and tried all the free samples that they were willing to offer.

No comments: