Tuesday, July 10, 2007


We took a tram ride to the top of the perfume cave. I guess they named the area Perfume because something smelled good when they discovered it. I think we must have masked the perfume with our sweaty bodies. As we were walking into the cave, the tour guide whispered to ask if he could ask me a personal question. Then he asked me if I wanted to have kids. After I told him that I would like to have children some day, he said that he would show me an area in the cave where I could pray and ask for children. They have a lot of interesting beliefs about the cave. They also believe that touching some of the water that drips on certain spots will bring good health, and we learned that people often rub fake money on parts of the cave so they can become rich. This might explain why we found money in the cave in Halong Bay.

No comments: