Sunday, July 22, 2007

Temples




We spent today exploring the temples in Siem Reap. We left the guesthouse at 4:40, so we could watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat. I don’t really remember anything at Angkor Wat because I started to feel a little nauseous on the ride over, and by the time we made it to the temple, I didn’t think I could hold it back anymore. I went around a corner to find a more secluded spot, and everything turned out okay. After having some bananas and peanuts, I felt great the rest of the day. I have discovered that I need to eat a little more food with my medicines in the morning. The temples were fascinating. I think my favorite temple is still the Bayon. It looks like a pile of rubble from a distance, but when you get closer you can see many faces that have been carved into the rock.

No comments: