Sunday, July 15, 2007


After church we decided to go to the riverside and email family. After we walked into the shop, the rain started to pour, so we were stuck in the shop for a little while. While we were there Whitney and I needed to go to the bathroom, but as usual there wasn’t any toilet paper, so I told Whitney she could use some of the scratch paper that was next to the computers. She was a little worried about getting a paper cut, but everything turned out fine. On our way home from the internet shop the streets were flooded from the rain, and we had to walk though what appeared to be sewer water. Whitney didn’t hesitate to jump right in. Whitney also has several large mosquito bites. I don’t know if I have seen any bites quite as big as hers. A Cambodian told us that we don’t have to worry about malaria because it doesn’t really exist here anymore now that they have cleaned up Cambodia. The only thing that I can tell that really bothers Whitney is the smells and the food. We have forced her to try all sorts of Asian food. We are trying to convince her that she is blessed to have access to Asian food for a tenth of the price she would pay in the States. She has been a good sport and has tried a bite of most dishes.

No comments: