Sunday, July 22, 2007
Guesthouse Security
Although I haven’t done any official research, it appears that sleeping with your light on in Cambodia increases your chances of having someone break into your room. Last night Whitney and I fell asleep with our light on. I woke up at about 2:00 am rubbing my ear. A lot of liquid came out and so did a little bug. I was a little concerned about the random bug in my ear, but not as concerned as I was about the sound of my window opening. It’s just my imagination, I thought to myself. Someone couldn’t possibly be breaking into my room again. But then I saw a hand come through the window and grab the drapes, and I knew what was happening. I yelled, “What’s going on.” Then I jumped out of bed and ran over to Whitney’s side of the room. Whitney seemed a bit confused. She thought I had found a big spider in my bed. After explaining the story to her, we stared at the window in shock. A few minutes later, I snuck over to the window to see if it was really open or if I was just imagining the whole thing. Sure enough the window was open. Someone was trying to get in our room. We sat in silence for a little bit, and then we started talking in deep voices. Since we could no longer sleep, we ate our breakfast (peanut butter and honey on crackers) and wrote in our journals. What a night! When we told the front desk that someone had broken into our room, the guy looked shocked and asked if we had seen his face. When I told him we didn’t see the person, he suggested that maybe it was security. I couldn’t imagine that security was breaking into our room to turn off our light. But who knows? Maybe they were concerned about their power bill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment